[Mimedefang] return smtp reject to remote server but continue to deliver locally?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Nov 7 23:46:44 EST 2003

--On Friday, November 07, 2003 12:57 PM -0500 "David F. Skoll"
<dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> Another option is to append ./INPUTMSG to a mailbox file (be sure to add the
> "From " line and escape any From's in the message.)

Since the only objective is to keep Bayes up to date, just run INPUTMSG
through sa-learn. Why keep it around? However, this will dump any false
positives into the DB, which may not be what you want. It's probably best to
quarantine low scores in a spam trap and auto-learn and discard only the
egregious stuff.

In my experience setting the "egregious threshold" to 10 takes care of almost
2/3 of spam, making it much easier to manually check the remainder while
virtually eliminating false positives in the discarded mail.