[Mimedefang] Linux distributions

Kris Deugau kdeugau at webhart.net
Thu Nov 6 17:12:34 EST 2003

Lucas Albers wrote:
> <linux blah blah my os is better then your os mode on>

<g>

> debian imo.
> apt-get -t testing install mimedefang
>
> 30 seconds later, done.
>
> Installed all the packages included all patches with minimal effort.

This assumes you're willing to live with the version in the Debian
release you're running;  if you're running a production server you
probably don't want to go testing or unstable- which means, at the
moment, that you get mimedefang-2.16 IIRC.  :/

On the other hand, it *is* an easier system for handling dependencies-
and if you really want to, you can (relatively) easily pull current
versions into stable from testing or unstable by either backporting
source or apt pinning (something I have to investigate).

-kgd
apartment it is.