[Mimedefang] Graphdefang 0.9 missing events?

Mark admin at asarian-host.net
Tue Nov 4 08:52:09 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Kirkland" <jpk at bl.org>
To: "Mark" <admin at asarian-host.net>
Cc: <mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2003 4:57 AM
Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] Graphdefang 0.9 missing events?

> As far as an easy test goes...
>
> try running 'file' against your SummaryDB. Mine says:
>
> SummaryDB.db:  Berkeley DB (Hash, version 8, native byte-order)
>
> If you are having a problem with this... your's will say version 2 or
> something like that.
>
> Don't call me an expert on this, but I'm doing some pretty weird stuff
> with storing nested hashes, and I suspect that the earlier versions of
> DB_File don't support it. You can try 2 things... just upgrade your
> DB_File from the BerkeleyDB distribution. If that doesn't do it, then do
> the whole thing.

Great! :) I have it working now. Thanks for the help. Installing Berkeley DB
4.1.25 and the BerkeleyDB Perl module was not so much of a hassle as I
thought it would be. I also installed a new DB_File, and voila, everything
is working again. And I just remembered, that for my Milter, also in Perl
using DB_File, I had actually compiled its own, thread-enabled perl,
complete with its own environment. So, I do not even have to make any
alterations there. :)

One question, though. What is this I hear about the SummaryDB eating near 1G
of memory? :( That does not sound good. I expect to process/add ca. 5,000
entries a day. Any idea how long the SummaryDB will last me, before it
starts growing in the hundreds of megs?

Thanks,

- Mark