[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.34-BETA-4 or a patch for 2.33 fixed Received: problem

Karel.DeBruyne at ua.ac.be Karel.DeBruyne at ua.ac.be
Wed May 28 03:17:01 EDT 2003

On Tue, 27 May 2003 listuser at numbnuts.net wrote:

> On Tue, 27 May 2003, Nels Lindquist wrote:
>
> > On 27 May 2003 at 16:19, David F. Skoll wrote:
> >
> > > There is in fact a bug in the way MIMEDefang hands off a Received: header
> > > to SpamAssassin.
> > >
> > > You can either download 2.34-BETA-4 from
> > > http://www.mimedefang.org/node.php?id=1 or apply this patch to 2.33 and
> > > rebuild 2.33:
> >
> > Okay, I just got back from a late lunch, figuring I might have some
> > time to take a look and see if there's actually a problem, and you've
> > already got a patch out.  Spoilsport. :-)
> >
> > In all seriousness, I'd like to express my appreciation for the level
> > of support you provide to the MIMEDefang user community.  Like many
> > IT professionals, I've dealt with tech support for many years, and
> > the quality and timeliness of this list in general and your efforts
> > in particular are among the best I've ever experienced.
> >
> > Thank you.
>
> I whole-heartedly agree.  David, we love you man.  You realize that.  I
> have a feeling you can soon travel the globe and always have someone in
> every port willing to buy you a steak dinner and a cold beer.

Yeah David, you can start here in Antwerp (Belgium)
I'm sure you'll appreciate our Belgian Beers :-)

Thanks a lot,

Karel
Karel De Bruyne
System/Network Manager                      phone      + 32 3 820 22 04
UA - Network Service                        fax        + 32 3 820 22 49
Universiteitsplein 1 - B0.12                email  dbruyne at uia.ua.ac.be
B 2610 Wilrijk - Belgium              http://www.uia.ua.ac.be/u/dbruyne