[Mimedefang] MimeDefang header changes not working sometimes

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Tue May 6 13:28:00 EDT 2003

On 1 May 2003 at 12:57, Fred Felgenhauer wrote:

> I am running MimeDefang 2.32, SpamAssassin 2.53 and sendmail 8.12.9 on Red
> Hat 8. Ocassionaly, email gets through MimeDefang without geting tagged at
> all. According to the maillog, MimeDefang saw the mail, attempted to tag it,
> but no tags were seen in the delivered mail. Has anyone seen this problem?
> More importantly, does any one know how to fix it?

This is a wild-assed guess on my part, but are you sure
Exchange/Outlook isn't doing any munging of the headers?  I seem to
recall a thread on the sa-talk list about just how difficult it was
to get a complete copy of a message with *all* headers (not just the
ones Microsoft suspects you might like to see) from an Exchange
server.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager