[Mimedefang] [Off-Topic] Graphical environment for servers(was Re: [Mimedefang] Can't locate Unix/Syslog.pm)

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Sat May 31 02:47:00 EDT 2003

>> On Wed, 28 May 2003, Albert E. Whale, CISSP wrote:
>> As far as I'm concerned, the main purpose of X is to allow you to have
>> six or more xterms open at once.  (And don't get me started on the
>> Gnome or KDE terminal emulators...)

> On 5/29/03 3:25 AM, "David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:
> heh, you sound like me.  I don't even install X on my servers.

This is where I say:
I don't even install servers. I install instances of servers using vserver
for linux. Takes about 85 seconds to clone a server and bring it up with a
new ip address, and a publicly exposed mailservers or web server.
Good for testing new services or upgrades on existing servers, or setting
a backup server available for service within a few seconds of your main
server dieing.