[Mimedefang] [Off-Topic] Graphical environment for servers (was Re: [Mimedefang] Can't locate Unix/Syslog.pm)

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed May 28 14:26:02 EDT 2003

On Wed, 28 May 2003, Albert E. Whale, CISSP wrote:

> If you are interested in a Truely Graphical environment for your
> servers, I'd HIGHLY Recommend Mandrake,

<curmudgeon_mode>

I started out doing UNIX system administration on a VT100 over a 9600 bps
serial line (this was at the office -- remote was a 1200 bps modem.)

As far as I'm concerned, the main purpose of X is to allow you to have
six or more xterms open at once.  (And don't get me started on the
Gnome or KDE terminal emulators...)

</curmudgeon_mode>

But as you say, to each his own, and it's good to have choices.