[Mimedefang] Can't locate Unix/Syslog.pm

Michael Sims michaels at crye-leike.com
Wed May 28 14:17:01 EDT 2003

Quoting "David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>:

> I currently run a motley collection of Red Hat versions, as well as
> test setups running Solaris and FreeBSD.  But I put Gentoo Linux on
> my laptop and I love it... I would seriously consider Gentoo if I ever
> had to rebuild my mail server.

I agree on Gentoo.  I played with it not long after it hit 1.0 and I was really
impressed.  I'm sure it's only improved since then.  The install documentation
is just fantastic.  I learned so much about the Linux kernel, filesystems, etc.
just from installing Gentoo.  And for someone who's never touched any of the
BSD's, emerge is just amazing.  IMHO it's much easier to deal with than RPM,
and it's cleanly implemented too...

The only reason I'm using Red Hat on my servers is that I was not confident
enough in my linux admin skills to try and make a go with Gentoo.  With Red Hat
if I run into a problem I know that a couple thousand people have probably
already dealt with it.  With Gentoo it's a couple of hundred and if I'm really
unlucky it would be a couple dozen or just a couple. :)

Since then I've learned a lot and I think my next server will be running
Gentoo...

Michael Sims
Project Analyst - Information Technology
Crye-Leike Realtors
Office: (901)758-5648  Pager: (901)769-3722