[Mimedefang] Mimedefang>2.32 breaks SA rbl

Geoff Thornton gthornton at networksgroup.com
Tue May 27 15:49:01 EDT 2003

I hope I'm not jumping all over this issue, but what I've found so far is
that MIMEDefang is handing-off a properly formatted message to SpamAssassin;
however there *seems* to be some difference in how SpamAssassin handles the
message whether called as a PERL module or from the command line.  That is,
if I save a copy of the message to a file right before the
Mail::SpamAssassin::NoMailAudit is called, I can consistently fire the RBL
checks when invoking SpamAssassin from a command line.  Invoking
SpamAssassin from within MIMEDefang seems to be hit or miss (more missing
than hitting).

However, RAZOR2 tests work perfectly in either case.  Weird...

--Geoff Thornton