[Mimedefang] SMTP Tarpit

listuser at numbnuts.net listuser at numbnuts.net
Tue May 27 12:05:00 EDT 2003

On Sat, 24 May 2003, Lucas Albers wrote:

> I try and save spam, and then run it to through sa-learn.
> So the spam gets bounced but then if it is past a certain score 10 or so, it
> gets saved.
> Then I run it though a filter, to learn the spam via spamassassin.
>
> It also helps to filter through your maillogs to determine who your top
> senders are.
> This will tell you when a new spammer has targeted your machine.
> The script I use is spamshield, a really old perl script.
>
> Dave has some python scripts that pull out the same information form your
> mimedefang maillogs.
> There are better scripts then what I use.

I use a hacked up version of Analog.

http://oak.sktc.net/stats/analog/analog-output.html

It's been so long since I did it, I'm not even sure what all I had to do.
It would be nice if someone somewhere would write a single decent mail log
parser that could produce useful output in a Webalizer format.
Someday....

Justin