[Mimedefang] Upgrade issue ...

Justin Hennessy jhennessy at mitchamcouncil.sa.gov.au
Mon May 26 23:51:01 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I have a little problem that I hope that someone out there is going to be able to help me with.

I am running a very old version of MIMEDefang and I want to upgrade it.

When I run "rpm -qa mimedefang" on my RedHat 7.2 box I get this: mimedefang-2.8-3

The problem I have is that I did not install it in the first place and there have been some custom changes to the way it quarantines things (I think, not sure what is "normal").

What I am after is some doco on a safe way to update from a old version and to keep the custom changes that have been made to it. Also I would like to be able to "roll back" the update if something goes wrong. This last issue I can do with ghost (image before update and then reghost if something goes wrong).

Hopefully I have given enough information for someone to help.

Thanks,

Justin Hennessy MCSE
Network and Systems Administrator

Quote: "It could be terminal, if I meet the Lone Sniper hiding behind his grassy
knoll."