Permissions (was Re: [Mimedefang] MimeDefang + SpamAssassin on Solaris 9)

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon May 26 20:30:01 EDT 2003

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Mathew Thomas wrote:

> Yes, Albert is right. My umask was 026. I changed it to 022 and
> re-installed SpamAssassin and Mimedefang and it is working fine. I
> have now look at some rule set to modify subject/reject mail if it is
> a spam.

Please post a bug report on SpamAssassin's bugzilla.  Any package
that depends on "umask" during installation is buggy.

As far as I know, MIMEDefang's "make install" target explicitly sets
permissions on all files it installs, although it doesn't do that
for all the directories it creates (I'll have to fix that.)