[Mimedefang] Re: HTML e-mail is unspeakably evil

Jeremy Mates jmates at sial.org
Mon May 26 13:29:01 EDT 2003

* David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>
> I believe fighting HTML tricks will become a losing battle, just like
> keeping up with virus signatures.  Just as a lot of people simply ban
> all .exe files, I believe in the long run, we'll have to just ban HTML
> mail (which will be one of the few happy consequences of spam. :-))

Not to mention Evil JavaScript tricks, or with newer CSS or XML/XSLT
pulling the spam content off a remote server somewhere.  I do not see a
JavaScript engine or XML rendering library being added to SpamAssassin.

Certain mail clients complicate matters by enabling JavaScript and
display of all remote content by default...