[Mimedefang] Considering an additional spam filter

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat May 24 18:30:01 EDT 2003

--On Saturday, May 24, 2003 3:46 AM -0500 Michael Sims
<michaels at crye-leike.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I'm seeing this too.  I first noticed it when I saw the word
> "Oprah" in  some HTML spam.  I knew that the mere presence of the word
> "Oprah" should have  greatly increased the spam score, but this message
> had scored very low.  When I  viewed the source I saw what you describe
> with a letter or two interspersed  with invalid HTML tags.

What version of SA? AFAIK this issue has been dealt with since 2.50, and
2.55 was just released. Spam is a rapidly moving target, and you need to
upgrade SA frequently to keep up with the trends in spam obfuscation. (The
same applies to anti-virus software.)