[Mimedefang] SMTP Tarpit

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Sat May 24 14:04:00 EDT 2003

I try and save spam, and then run it to through sa-learn.
So the spam gets bounced but then if it is past a certain score 10 or so, it
gets saved.
Then I run it though a filter, to learn the spam via spamassassin.

It also helps to filter through your maillogs to determine who your top
senders are.
This will tell you when a new spammer has targeted your machine.
The script I use is spamshield, a really old perl script.

Dave has some python scripts that pull out the same information form your
mimedefang maillogs.
There are better scripts then what I use.

--Luke
--Computer Science System Administrator
--Montana State University Bozeman,MT

For my counterpoint, see:

http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=tarpit+useless+skoll&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=
UTF-8&selm=1IacnVrTXaNE_imjXTWcpQ%40magma.ca&rnum=1