[Mimedefang] filter_bad_filename missing dangerous filenames

Mike Batchelor mikebat at tmcs.net
Fri May 23 17:50:01 EDT 2003

I am seeing messages with a dangerous attachment (.pif, etc) getting
through MIMEDefang by abusing malformed MIME headers.  At least,
MIMEDefang's fix does not defang the mailformed attachment as seen by the
Mulberry IMAP mail client (Cyrusoft.com).

This is what one looks like after MIMEDefang modifies it: