[Mimedefang] problems with bayes (?) database access

Dirk Mueller dmuell at gmx.net
Fri May 23 09:18:00 EDT 2003

On Fre, 23 Mai 2003, alan premselaar wrote:

> yesterday when this happened, i stopped sendmail/mimedefang, killed the lock
> files, ran sa-learn --rebuild and then start sendmail/mimedefang again, it
> seems to work for awhile, and do it again.

spamassassins autowhitelist or bayes database currently don't work with
mimedefang, because they don't lock the database so concurrent access will
destroy them. Don't use it, or if you do, then don't complain that it
doesn't work ;-)

Alternatively you can filter the messages through spamc (use
action_external_filter()) and then you can enable auto-whitelisting and
bayes again. however, its useless to enable bayes if you don't maintain it
manually. It will even hurt your false positive rate badly.

> I've just turned off the RCVD_IN_ORBS test as well as there's been
> discussion that it no longer exists.

Use SpamAssassin 2.55

--
Dirk