[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang & AntiVirus questions

James Whittington jwhittington at excelorant.com
Fri May 23 08:47:01 EDT 2003

I have been using MIMEDefang & Spamassassin on my primary mail gateway
(RedHat 7.3, Sendmail 8.12) for around 6 months now and have been very
pleased with the results.  A couple of months ago I pulled down an
evaluation copy of Sophos Antivirus and have been using it with
MIMEDefang and catching nasty little windows viruses at the mail
exchange.

Which Sophos product do I need to buy, do I need the SAVI interface or
would just a plain client version work.

Does anyone have any good/or bad experiences with other Antivirus
Products with MIMEDefang?

I just built a RedHat 8 mail exchange for a friend with MIMEDefang and
CLAMAV, so I'll be curious to see what it catches..

An input would be greatly appreciated.

James Whittington
Systems Administrator

Excelorant, LLC