[Mimedefang] How to attach a Latin1 charset text?

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Fri May 23 02:20:01 EDT 2003

Hi,
I was reading the MIME::Tools man page and doing some testing.
Let me know if there is another list for MIME::Tools support.

I want to attach a MIME 'text/plain' part to a multipart email.
The problem I'm getting is that I can not add Latin1 characters.
In specific, I can not add this characters: áéíóúñ

How can I pass ISO-8859-1(Latin-1) characters to MIME:Tools?

I made a simple testcase based on the examples of the MIME::Tools package:
---------
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use MIME::Entity;
use strict;

my $msg = MIME::Entity->build(To => 'someuser at somedomain.com',
                              Subject => 'A email test',
                              Type    => 'multipart/alternative');

my $plain = $msg->attach(Type => 'text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1',
                         Encoding => '8bit',
                         Data => ["Testing: aeiou àèìòùñ\n"]);

$msg->print;
--------

I'm sending this email as 8bit, so I hope you will be able to read the
Latin1 characters.

Thanks for the help
Oliver

--