[Mimedefang] problems with bayes (?) database access

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Fri May 23 01:12:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

 I figured i'd post this here, since the error messages are coming thru
mimedefang-multiplexor.

recently, i've been getting a lot of the following errors in my log file:

May 23 14:01:07 uchuu mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 1 stderr: Cannot open
bayes_path /etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes R/W: File exists
May 23 14:01:16 uchuu mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 1 stderr: Cannot open
bayes_path /etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes R/W: File exists
May 23 14:01:29 uchuu mimedefang-multiplexor: Killing busy slave 1 (pid
27372): Busy timeout

in conjunction with an unusually high amount of
"bayes.lock.<hostname>.<numer>" files in my /etc/mail/spamassassin
directory.

stopping sendmail/mimedefang processes, killing the lock files and
restarting don't seem to be helping any...

yesterday when this happened, i stopped sendmail/mimedefang, killed the lock
files, ran sa-learn --rebuild and then start sendmail/mimedefang again, it
seems to work for awhile, and do it again.

I don't get all that much email on this server (relatively).
I've just turned off the RCVD_IN_ORBS test as well as there's been
discussion that it no longer exists.

i'm running RH 7.3, perl 5.6.1, MIMEDefang 2.33, SpamAssassin 2.54, Sendmail
8.12.9

any information will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

alan