[Mimedefang] Re: Blocking DSK & Cable modem users.

listuser at numbnuts.net listuser at numbnuts.net
Thu May 22 18:17:07 EDT 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003, Jeremy Mates wrote:

> * listuser at numbnuts.net <listuser at numbnuts.net>
> > One thing that I'd like to have a chance to try is to redirect all
> > outbound SMTP connections from our netblocks that have dynamically
> > assigned IPs to our MTA.  I'd like to force those users to pass their
>
> Breaks TLS and SMTP AUTH, which is why my mailservers also listen at the
> smtps and submission ports to work around port 25 redirections for
> mobile users who do not want to fiddle with their outgoing mailhost
> depending on where they are.

That's the only bad thing about it.  Then again 0.0% of my users use it so
I'm not really out much.  Those customers that absolutely have to send via
their companies MTA will most likely have a company that has a webmail
solution or utilizes a VPN solution.

I'm not a AUTH or TLS person myself.  Do those run on the standard tcp/25
port or do they have their own?  I'd do this with tcp/25 because that's
all that really matters to achieve this goals of this potential project.

Justin