[Mimedefang] Adding foreign caracters with append_text_boilerplate()

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Thu May 22 11:30:02 EDT 2003

Hi David,

David F. Skoll wrote:

>On Thu, 22 May 2003, Oliver Schulze L. wrote:
>

>>The problem I'm getting is in adding plain text to a plain text email.
>>

>Yes, but if you add text encoded in the ISO-8859-1 character set
>to e-mail encoded in US-ASCII, you won't get the results you expect.

I understand. I'm not using US-ASCII. But, looking in the code, the
parameter that I pass
to append_text_boilerplate() is not interpreted by MIME::Tools.

As I see it, from /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter:filter_end() I call
append_text_boilerplate($entity, "test á", 0)
Then, inside append_text_boilerplate() my text is not modified and is passed
the append_to_part().
Inside append_to_part() my text is not modified and is appended to my plain
text body using:
open()
print()
close()

So, I could not find where my boilerplate text is modified to garbage.

>[...]
>Certainly; see the MIME::Tools man page and related man pages.

Thanks, I'm reading it. ;-)

Regards
Oliver
P.D.: can you read this caracters: aá eé ií oó uú