[Mimedefang] problems with filter_recipient

Chris Masters rotis23 at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 05:15:01 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I've been testing mimedefang to filter mails for a
large user base. I have been using filter_recipient to
reject users that do not have an account. Thus I have
implemented a filter_recipient function within the
mimedefang filter script and used the -t flag with
mimedefang in the startup script to process headers.

Upon general testing, this setup worked well. However,
during throughput testing the filter_recipient
function was not always called!! This caused problems
because I initialise certain variables in
filter_recipient that are used elsewhere in
mimedefang_filter.

What conditions would cause this to happen? Is it safe
to initialise variables etc in filter_recipient?

thanks in advance,

rotis23

setup:
mimedefang 2.32