[Mimedefang] Tagging defanged messages for procmail filter

Michael Sims michaels at crye-leike.com
Tue May 20 23:55:01 EDT 2003

Quoting Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>:

> I use procmail to filter all my mail. I'd like to move all messages that
> have
> had dangerous attachments removed filtered to a specific folder
[...]
> it
> seems like adding a header to test for would be more efficient. Is anyone
> doing this? What header do you use?

That's one of the great things about MIMEDefang, you can add any custom header
you wish.  Just add a new X- header and filter based on that.  My understanding
is that any header that begins with X- is considered a custom header and other
programs are supposed to ignore them.  So you could do this:

action_add_header('X-Attachment-Removed', 'yes');

Or whatever, and then use procmail or some other filtering system to move your
message based on the presence of the header...

Michael Sims
Project Analyst - Information Technology
Crye-Leike Realtors
Office: (901)758-5648  Pager: (901)769-3722