[Mimedefang] and statement for probable spam Not working ??

listuser at numbnuts.net listuser at numbnuts.net
Tue May 20 21:15:01 EDT 2003

On Tue, 20 May 2003, troy lebouef wrote:

> I dont understand why this is not working ...
>
> When I put this entry in mimedefang compiles but data input to the log
> for probable spam goes to zero.
>
>      if ($hits <= $req and $hits >= 0) {
>                 md_log('probable_spam', $hits, $RelayAddr);
>                 }
>
> It only works like this :
>
>     if ($hits <= $req ) {
>                 md_log('probable_spam', $hits, $RelayAddr);
>                 }

Syntax in Perl has never been my strong point.  If it were me I'd try
something like

if ($hits <= $req && $hits >= 0) {

or

if (($hits <= $req) and ($hits >= 0)) {
if (($hits <= $req) && ($hits >= 0)) {

I'd just end up jacking with it until it worked or I found another piece
of code that showed me the right syntax. :)

I'm not sure why you want to mark so much mail as probably spam.  Mail >=
0 <= 5 isn't normally considered spam or even probable spam.  Much of our
legit mail falls into that range.  I'd envision => 4 < 7 to be a good
probable range and >= 7 to be a good spam range (assuming of course that
you've neutered some of the SA scores that are just plain nuts).

Justin