[Mimedefang] Blocking DSK & Cable modem users.

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue May 20 17:49:00 EDT 2003

--On Tuesday, May 20, 2003 1:54 PM -0700 Dave Shepherd
<Dave.Shepherd at vixel.com> wrote:

> So is what I was thinking is that I would block all hostnames that had some
> identifying string that would lend me think that it's a home computer.

There are RBL's specifically for that purpose. The better ones let those of us
who do direct-to-MX knowledgeably request to be excluded. I had no problem
getting my host removed from the dial-up class in this list:

<http://www.five-ten-sg.com/blackhole.php>

While looking up this URL I happened upon a new anti-spam system called
"Distributed Checksum Clearinghouse":

<http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/>

This might be a good thing to include in MD either directly or as another
network test in SpamAssassin.