[Mimedefang] Red Hat 7.2

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat May 17 05:33:00 EDT 2003

--On Friday, May 16, 2003 5:52 PM -0700 Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>
wrote:

> Meanwhile, I pulled the Perl packages from the RP site (except SHA1, which I
> have a RH RPM for) and wanted to build them as RPM's. A little research
> turned up cpan2rpm, a Perl script that optionally downloads a CPAN package,
> generates a spec file, and builds the result as an RPM. I'll be using that
> to package the remaining prereqs.

Doh, it was MIME-Base64 that I already had, not SHA1.

Anyway, I found it necessary to apply the perl.req.patch that came with
cpan2rpm so that I wouldn't get weird dependencies originating from examples
included in the various Perl module packages. See the README that comes in the
cpan2rpm RPM.

At this point I've got MD installed, but I haven't "turned it on" yet by
adding the line to sendmail.mc. I need to poke some holes for the people who
exchange Office documents. (How I wish I didn't have to!)