[Mimedefang] action_defang() is a no-op? (MD 2.33)

Mike Batchelor mikebat at tmcs.net
Fri May 16 18:59:01 EDT 2003

I am trying to use action_defang() in filter(), but it doesn't seem to have
any effect.

Within filter(), I use the defang_warning() function from the example
mimedefang-filter, and this sub has to be defined if you use
action_defang().  I also use the filter_bad_filename() function that is
also given in the example filter.

The code calling action_defang() goes like this:

if (filter_bad_filename($entity)) {
  return action_defang($entity, "", "", "text/plain");
}

Messages get passed through, but dangerous attachments are not converted to
calling this function wrong?

---
"The avalanche has already begun. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
 -- Kosh