[Mimedefang] Did upgrading SPAM Assassin Break it?

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Fri May 16 12:09:00 EDT 2003

listuser at numbnuts.net wrote:

> > Someone on the SA-talk list mentioned that the Osirusoft RBL wasn't
> > responding.
>
>All the more reason to ONLY use DNSBLs for which you can get a zone
>transfer of (like Joe's ORSS).

Another option is to set a really low timeout for these queries by setting
the rbl_timeout value in your SpamAssassin config.  I use all the default
DNSBLs in SA, and my mail spool wasn't affected at all by the Osirusoft
outage.  (Except for missing the one test, anyway.)

And of course the eternal advice to run a caching nameserver locally.

Kelson Vibber