[Mimedefang] MD and fetchmail

David Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Fri May 16 10:45:01 EDT 2003

I've been running MD with great success on my system for almost a year
now, I still have one  thing that is puzzling me.  In addition to my
normal incoming SMTP traffic, I run fetchmail to pull down mail from some
stray POP accounts.  That mail then runs through my local spooler into my
normal inbox.  However, I've noticed that a lot of spam is able to get
through and it seems it is always the mail I get from fetchmail.  In
scanning the headers, the X-Scanned-By header is there, but the no
spamassassin.  If I export the message and hand run it through
SpamAssassin, all the sirens go off.  My filter is almost stock with minor
additions on my end to drop spam messages with high scores so I don't even
have to deal with it at the MUA.  Anyone else see this before?