[Mimedefang] Did upgrading SPAM Assassin Break it?

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Thu May 15 19:26:01 EDT 2003

On 5/16/03 6:12 AM, "Albert E. Whale, CISSP" <aewhale at abs-comptech.com>
wrote:

> Yesterday I upgraded Spam Assassin to 2.54.  Now my Spam Filtering is no
> longer functional.
>
> Is there a Delay ot Timeout for SPAM Filtering to take place?  I wonder
> because when I run the tests for SpamAssassin, it appears to take longer
> than 2 or 3 seconds to complete.
>
> Any ideas?

sometime yesterday, I upgraded File::Scan and after restarting my
sendmail/MD/SA processess, i was getting filter timeouts. only they were
happening at the SA call, not the File::Scan call.

turns out that very coincidentally (timing wise) the RBL tests were timing
out.  I changed my filter to run local only tests and everything started
working again.

Someone on the SA-talk list mentioned that the Osirusoft RBL wasn't
responding.

alan