[Mimedefang] Waiting for free slaves

Steffen Kaiser skmimedefang at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Thu May 15 04:36:02 EDT 2003

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Andrzej Marecki wrote:

> In other words: why not *accept* the mail (as if our machine was a relay)
> and not force the MTA that has sent it to "try later". Let's force *our*
> sendmail to try later!

I would bet that many validity checks are lost then.

Also: I saw three or so hosts that overflooded my mail server with
individual mails around midnight (once 0:00, once 1:00, once 2:00), about
100 or so almost simultaneously -- I have a hard limit of ten slaves. Then
they get tempfailed, the host spools them, and, after a time, my
mailserver recieved all the tempfailed mails again, but: one after
another - in a nice & friendly way.
Why should _my_ mail server spools them and waste resources?!

Bye,

--
Steffen Kaiser