[Mimedefang] Testing MIMEDefang+SpamAssassin installation

Mathew Thomas mathew.thomas at rmit.edu.au
Thu May 15 03:58:00 EDT 2003

Dear All,

I have installed MIMEDefang + SpamAssassin on Sun server running Solaris 9 with McAfee antivirus. I used the article, "The MIMEDefang HOWTO", from Micky Hill  to do the installation. I was managed to test the antivirus feature with the test virus,"EICAR.COM". Looks like antivirus part is working fine.

How can I test whether my SpamAssassin installation is successful or not? I telnet to port 25 and created a forged mail, but my installation is not filtering it. The mail I created looks like this: