[Mimedefang] Still not functional

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Wed May 14 16:24:00 EDT 2003

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

> David F. Skoll wrote:
>
>> Could it be a hardware problem?

    Found it.  It was hardware all right, the one that rests on my
shoulders...  That big round thing with lots of hair on it.  That was
the problem.  See, I was running starting/running/terminating MD through
my sendmail script (I hacked it together to work properly).  And for
some reason it wouldn't work.  I'm pretty sure why now.  The new RH
sysconfig file that comes with MD's distribution is quite different and
has more options in it - options I wasn't aware off.  So, once I removed
MD's routines from my sendmail init, installed the distributed one,
combined with the mimedefang's sysconfig, it all started working.

    On a side note, the current init script that comes with the
distribution doesn't shut down properly.  It kills both mimedefang
processes, which then causes the subsequent multiplexor kill to fail.
 Minor error in the init script.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.