[Mimedefang] Selecting which RBLs to check mail against.

Martin Ferguson martin at mve.com
Wed May 14 11:30:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've been running mimedefang and spamassassin for a few months now with
great success, some spam mails were however slipping through, to stop
this I've recently installed Razor agents and enabled RBL lookups, by
adding $SALocalTestsOnly = 0 to my filter.

This reduced the amount of spam getting through to almost nothing,
however I've have noticed a significant increase in the amount of false
positives. I bounce mail at 15 and tag as ***SPAM*** between 5 and 15.

Many of my companies clients are from South America, South East Asia,
Russian, etc, basically spam land! Therefore many clients mails from
these areas are receiving high spam scores because they or their ISPs
are listed on rfc-ignorant.org or relays.osirusoft.com.

Although I'd prefer to continue to check mail against these lists and
help the fight against spam, many of my users are fed up having to dig
these mails out of their spam filter folders.

How do I select specific RBLs to check my mail against?

Thanks in advance
Martin.