[Mimedefang] Still not functional

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue May 13 16:17:01 EDT 2003

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

>> Try running mimedefang with the "-k" option to keep failed
>> directories around.  Then run mimedefang.pl by hand and see what
>> happens.

    Kept a failed message, then I went into that directory and found:

-rw-------    1 defang   defang        419 May 13 13:56 COMMANDS
-rw-------    1 defang   defang        445 May 13 13:56 HEADERS
-rw-------    1 defang   defang       2079 May 13 13:56 INPUTMSG
-rw-------    1 defang   defang          0 May 13 14:04 RESULTS
drwx------    2 defang   defang       4096 May 13 14:04 Work/

    Notice that RESULTS is zero bytes.  Then I *removed* that Work
directory and ran ' mimedefang.pl . ' from within there.  A second or so
later, it gave me my prompt back and upon listing the folder I now get:

-rw-------    1 defang   defang        419 May 13 13:56 COMMANDS
-rw-------    1 defang   defang        445 May 13 13:56 HEADERS
-rw-------    1 defang   defang       2079 May 13 13:56 INPUTMSG
-rw-r--r--    1 defang   defang        555 May 13 14:13 NEWBODY
-rw-------    1 defang   defang         97 May 13 14:13 RESULTS
drwx------    2 defang   defang       4096 May 13 14:13 Work/

    So apparently it ran just fine.  NEWBODY contains the text part of
the original (text/html) message and it appears ready for the next step,
which I would assume would be to just pass it on for final delivery to
the recipient.  Now what?

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.