[Mimedefang] Still not functional

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue May 13 12:51:01 EDT 2003

     --- Original message ---

     - removed (as in rm -rf) all files related to spamassassin on the
       entire system - at least, all that 'find' was able to find, with
       the exception of what I have in /etc/mail/spamassassin/.
     - removed the old mimedefang that was installed (same as above)
     - made sure MIME-tools-5.411a-RP-Patched-02 is installed - it is.
     - downloaded, and manually compiled and installed
       Mail-SpamAssassin-2.53 at the same location the old 2.41 was
       installed, in /usr (not /usr/local)
     - downloaded, and compiled mimedefang-2.33
     - compared the new /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf with my
       own, no difference other than whitelist_from and blacklist_from.
     - compared the new /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter with my own, small
       variable differences, SA routine slightly different.
     - started sendmail and waited....

mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 0 stderr: Out of memory!
mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 0 ran out of memory -- possible DoS attack
due to complex MIME?
mimedefang[13669]: Error from multiplexor: ERR No response from slave

     --- End Original Message ---

     Is there no solution to this problem?