[Mimedefang] When is filter_relay called as a milter plugin?

Geoff Thornton gthornton at networksgroup.com
Mon May 12 10:03:00 EDT 2003

I've been testing some basic filter_relay rules, but when I test them out (I
use an interactive telnet on port 25), the mimedefang-filter subroutine only
seems to be called after I send the "MAIL FROM" command instead of the
"HELO" command like I would expect.  Incidentally, the filter_sender
subroutine is also is called after the "MAIL FROM" command (like I would
expect).

I know this probably doesn't affect any real message transfers, since the
filter_relay routines work, they just seem to be applied later in the
sendmail dialog than I had expected.

Any ideas?  I am running MD 2.33 on RedHat Linux 7.2 with sendmail 8.12.9.

TIA

--Geoff Thornton