[Mimedefang] Slightly OT: Advice on updating MX record (was SMTP error return after DATA?)

Les Mikesell les at FUTURESOURCE.COM
Fri May 9 16:58:01 EDT 2003

> From: Michael Sims
>
> I'm trying to decide exactly how I want to switch the MX record for my
> domain over to my new dedicated MD/SA server.

If you are only doing this to control the load you don't have to change
your existing setup much at all.  Add the new relay with MD and be sure it
is configured to forward everything to your existing server via mailertable
or MAIL_HUB settings.  Then configure MD on the existing server to skip
processing on anything coming from the new relay.  After that you can
add the new relay as a lower priority MX and it won't matter too much
how quickly the traffic shifts over.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com