[Mimedefang] Slightly OT: Advice on updating MX record (was SMTP error return after DATA?)

Tony L. Cratz tcratz at exchange.jcis.net
Fri May 9 15:38:01 EDT 2003

	If you are not in a real hurry for this change to happen, a
common
	method is to lower your time values to a small value (on less
then
	an hour) wait the up to your current expire time (for example if
	your expire time is 1W then you would wait for a week). Once the
	old expire time value has been reached then you can change the
	MX to point to the new IP and have the rest of the internet up
	date after the new expire time has been reached (say 15M).

Tony