[Mimedefang] Boilerplate text

Ed Holden eholden at mclean.harvard.edu
Fri May 9 09:13:00 EDT 2003

Hi Rob.  You'll want to change that rule to only add the text when the
$RelayAddr variable (sending machine) is a local address.  If you were on a
10.0.0.0/16 network, it would look like this:

    my($textboilerplate) = "\nThis is the text boilerplate\.";
    my($htmlboilerplate) = "\n<p><small>\nThis is the HTML boilerplate
complete with HTML tags\.</small>";

    if ($RelayAddr =~ "^10\.0\.") {
      append_text_boilerplate($entity,$textboilerplate, "0");
      append_html_boilerplate($entity,$htmlboilerplate, "0");
    }

Unfortunately this still adds the boilerplate for e-mail between local
users, but it doesn't add it for incoming mail.  If anyone knows how to
prevent its inclusion on local mail, please let me know.  My users will be
thrilled.

As a demonstration of the effectiveness of the above code, this message will
carry a stupid corporate disclaimer at the bottom informing the entire
MIMEDefang list that only list members should be reading these words.  Ah,
lawyers.  What marvelous innovations will they devise next? :)

-Ed