[Mimedefang] Graphdefang questions...

John Kirkland jpk at bl.org
Sat May 3 12:29:01 EDT 2003

Hi, Kim,

You don't call anything in the /event directory with graphdefang-config.
The items in the /event directory are just for parsing new events out of
syslog files.  They are called by graphdefanglib.pl.  You can add new
parsing events just by adding them in the events subdirectory without
having to modify the core graphdefang code.

The configuration items in graphdefang-config define your charts that you
want to display.  You can only display an event on a chart if it has been
previously parsed from a syslog file.

For rejected and user_unknown graphs, you use events 'reject' and
'user_unknown' in graphdefang-config.

Regarding adding new sendmail stats, you would add new event parsing files
under event/sendmail

Regards,
John Kirkland