[Mimedefang] Is it neccessary to 'Secure' the defang user?

Rich Stanton richard.stanton1 at ntlworld.com
Thu May 1 17:49:01 EDT 2003

From: Dirk Mueller <dmuell at gmx.net>

 >Please note that on all distributions I know, useradd locks the password by
 >default.

I guess that's my problem then - I used 'adduser' rather than
'useradd'.  Adduser requires that you put *something* in the password field
- hence me putting nothing.  I didn't realise slackware came with 2 such
closely related binaries, but there you go!  Thanks to everyone who
replied, that was very useful info for locking down usernames!!