[Mimedefang] Why does my mimedefang temp fail?

Benoit Panizzon panizzon at woody.ch
Thu Mar 27 10:32:00 EST 2003

I have seen different situations where mimedefang (or libmilter) fails.

- mimedefang crashes (using too much memory on a very large mail or similar)
Make sure it runs.
  Restart it from crontab if the proccess is missing.

- mimedefang takes too long to scan a mail (slow machine, low memory and
swaping, too many mimedefang processes due to heavy load)
  Try tewaking the options and use the multiplexer.

- ipv6 (still got no solution for that problem).

I've notived that in BSD sendmail reports IP-Adresses as [2001:and:so:on]
but with newer sendmail on Linux they become [IPv6:2001:and:so:on] could
that IPv6: Prefix cause those problems?

-Benoit-