[Mimedefang] BUG: filter_bad_filename doesn't expect a space

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Tue Mar 4 12:42:01 EST 2003

"Jay Levitt" <jay-defang at shopwatch.org> wrote:
>is there a way to craft a RE that will
>disallow the above because it's not quoted, but will allow a properly
>formed, quoted filename with a space in it?

AFAIK, by the time mimedefang-fitler gets ahold of the filename, it doesn't
know whether it's been quoted or not.

What I do is, for a small set of "safe" filetypes (txt, jpg, pdf, etc.),
use File::MMagic to check the actual type of the attachment and compare it
against the declared type.  So if a file claims to be application/pdf, ends
with .pdf, and File::MMagic concludes it's a PDF file, it will let it
through despite the space.  I only run this on attachments of a few types,
and then only if they've already tripped filter_bad_filename.

Kelson Vibber