[Mimedefang] virus notifications, etc.

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Wed Mar 26 01:20:01 EST 2003

HI,

 this might be slightly off topic, but I'd thought i'd ask anyways.

I'm running MD 2.30 / sendmail 8.12.8 / the latest clamav and spamassassin
2.50.

I was wondering if there was a list of known viruses that will typically not
have a valid return address.  the problem i'm seeing is, if a mail comes in
and is tagged as having a virus, we're sending a notification to the sender
and the recipient, but often times the sender is an invalid address and the
mail just loops in the mailq until it ultimately gives up retrying.

I'd like to modify my filter to check for certain types of viruses that are
common to have no valid return address (or From:) and not send the
notifications to sender for those types of viruses.

anyone know of any references for this information? or have any other useful
suggestions?

thanks in advance

alan