[Mimedefang] Another Sendmail security problem: Upgrade to 8.12.9

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sun Mar 30 13:41:01 EST 2003

From: "David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

> The "only" part of Sendmail that runs as root is the SMTP listener.  Of
> course, that's a big chunk of code. :-)
>
> I do not have plans to integrate MIMEDefang with Qmail, because the
> licensing terms of Qmail are unacceptable to me.

Has anyone looked at integrating MIMEDefang with qpsmtp
(http://develooper.com/code/qpsmtpd/)?  This is a pure-perl smtp
listener intended as a replacement for qmail-smtpd that avoids any
licensing issues and provides some of MIMEDefang's functionality.
It would be great if it could just use MIMEDefang's code directly as the
backend so the filter code could be consistent across servers.  (I run
sendmail at our main site but have some remote offices using qmail
because it is included in the e-smith Linux distributions running there).

---
  Les Mikesell
     les at futuresource.com