[Mimedefang] problem with filter when running sa-learn

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Sat Mar 29 00:49:01 EST 2003

Hi,

I've recently been playing around with the bayes functionality (site-wide)
of spamassassin in conjunction with my MIMEDefang setup.

i'm running MD 2.30 and SA 2.52

I noticed today while running sa-learn on a huge ham mailbox file (roughly
1500 messages) that i get the following error when trying to process mail
thru my server (send/receive)

Mar 29 14:42:32 uchuu mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 0 stderr: Cannot open
bayes_path /etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes R/W: File exists Can't call method
"getline" on an undefined value at /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter line 526.

Mar 29 14:42:32 uchuu mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 0 resource usage: req=2,
scans=1, user=5.480, sys=0.330, nswap=0, majflt=745, minflt=8174, maxrss=0,
bi=0, bo=0

I can only assume it's because the sa-learn app has the bayes DB open, but
this seems like a bad thing, considering that sa-learn should be run from
time to time to build the bayes database (right?)

anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

thanks

alan