[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin is not installed ?

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Fri Mar 28 11:07:02 EST 2003

On 28 Mar 2003 at 9:16, Paul wrote:

> >Yep, prints out verion number
> >
> >Mail::SpamAssassin            : Version 2.52
> >Its a RedHat 6.2 box, perl 5.005_03
>                             ^^^^^^^^
>
> I believe herein lies the root of your problem. I had problems running
> MD/SA with Perl 5.0 as did another person recently. Upgrading to Perl
> 5.8 and reinstalling all the modules to there solved both our issues.
> Also judging from the messages you get when you do a 'mimedefang.pl
> -features' I believe the Perl version is the issue

To provide a data point in the other direction, I'm running
MIMEDefang/SpamAssassin on three different RedHat 6.2 boxen, and
they've all got perl 5.00503 installed.  No problems here at all.

I seem to recall seeing a discussion thread on methods of installing
SA--can't remember if it was this list or SATalk.

Basically, there was a difference between installing SpamAssassin via
"perl -MCPAN" vs. downloading the source tarball and building it
manually.  The latter is what I've done.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager
Morningstar Air Express Inc.