[Mimedefang] multiplexor error - solaris

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Thu Mar 27 16:26:13 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Albert E. Whale, CISSP wrote:

> Mar 27 14:06:36 ns1 sendmail[22859]: dangerous permissions=41777 on
> queue directory /var/spool/clientmqueue/

   You didn't ask about this one, but you need to make that direcroty
owned by group smmsp with permissions 770.  Then make your
/usr/lib/sendmail owned by group smmsp with the set group-id bit set.
That should take care of the dangerous permissions message.

> Mar 27 14:06:58 ns1 sendmail[22865]: h2RJ6mMC022865:
> milter_read(mimedefang): cmd read returned 0, expecting 5

   Look at the INPUT_MAIL_FILTER definition in your sendmail.mc file.
Does it point to the mimedefang sock, or to the multiplexor sock?  I think
you will get this error if you point to the wrong sock file.  Sendmail
talks to mimedefang via (on my system)

	/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock

and then mimedefang talks to the multiplexor via

	/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang-multiplexor.sock

   HTH...

Jim